Thing is though if you look what it tried, and achieved, for thousands of years was to give people moral values to live by:
- "Thou shall not kill, steal"
- "Thou shall honour thy parents"
- "Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife"
- "…Blah blah is sponsored by..."
- "You need to buy this; it will make you feel good about yourself and you too will smile"
Eggs are strong symbols in paganism, as is the hare which now has shorter legs and is called the Easter bunny.So, there you go you've hijacked a religion! Fast forward a couple of thousand years and the new "Cardinals", the CEO of Buy Our Goods Ltd, says "Why don't we hijack the old religious symbols pretend they are our own get people to buy loads of crap and they can still have their festivals. Everyone's a winner." The only problem is that the morals that were taught from the good book of the old religions have now been replaced by "Me first!"' morals that people get from Small (minded) Brother and soaps like Argumentative Enders and Confrontation Street. Religion is a load of random bits of ink on a page it isn't evil or wrong. People are evil. Here endeth today's sermon!